7.28.2006

Hamsters Part 12

So the other day GP was looking a little under the weather so today when Mark went to check on him he noticed that Sugar was really listless and had diarrhea by his bum and was breathing really shallow so he made a vet appointment and came into work to tell me about Sugar.

I got off early from work and took the boy hamsters to the vet, all of them, and the vet looked at Sugar & GP. He said GP and the other boys looked fine but Sugar most likely had a respiratory illness and needed antibiotics. He gave Sugar some of the medicine and gave me a vial to continue to give to him every 12 hours. He also told me to quarantine Sugar from the other hamsters.

The vet cost $75 (including the money for the medicine.) I went to the Petcetera to get a new cage & they cost too much, same with at Zellers & Petland so I ended up buying an aquarium and hamster toys for it and set it up in my room for Sugar. He is sleeping in it now, breathing very shallow.

No comments: