10.17.2006

Hamsters Part 15

A few oversights, over the past few months I've backposted most of my blogs and I forgot to mention a few details that would make the story about Hedgehog'd death make sense.

About a month and a half ago we realized that Hedgehog was in fact a girl and not a boy as was previously thought, we realized this because she became pregnant and had babies. The babies were cannibablized by either mom or one of the two dads, still not sure on that one, so we decided to moved Hedgehog out of the cage with the boys so this wouldn't happen again and into the cage with the girls.

I got the hamsters new furniture while I was home in Ontario (from the 20th of Aug to the 10th of Sept), a living room set for the girls' cage and a car for the boys cage.

I traded up the cages so that the girls have their living room set in the gigi cage, the boys' had their car & house (or garage lol) in the playground cage, Kus had the safari cage and Mouse had the space cage. I did this shortly after I cam back, and and that is when we switched Hedgehog into the girls' cage. The hamsters fought a bit but nothing too serious, as they all always fight, so I thought nothing of it.

I've cleaned cages once or twice since then, and again nothing terrible had seemed to be going on and then the death. So I'm really not too sure what happened there.

I've cleaned cages once since then

No comments: