12.16.2007

Word of the Day

(I'm notorious for doing this by accident! LOL)

Urban Word of the Day
www.urbandictionary.com

December 16, 2007: facebook limbo

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=facebook+limbo&defid=2692170

The electronic space between accepting and rejecting a [facebook] friendship. In facebook limbo, the user fails to accept or reject friend requests from would-be facebook friends from a variety of sources (e.g., random annoying classmates, despised work associates, ex-girlfriends, etc), because the user is uncertain if he or she will have to interact with these individuals in the future.

(At the bar)
Jim: How about that new kid, Ryan. He's so cool.
Thom: I dunno man, he already tried to facebook me, wtf?
Jim: So?
Thom: So I'm leaving him in facebook limbo, I don't want him [jo]'ing to pictures of my drunk girlfriend...

(At the lunchroom)
Alex's Stalker Ex: Why didn't you add me to your friends on facebook? I friend requested you last week! I thought we were [friends] now! How come every day when I go through your whole list of friends I'm not on there?
Alex: Baby, it's okay, I just haven't had a chance to approve you.

No comments: