11.27.2006

Furball

Furball is my cat who lives in Ontario with my parents, I got him for my 10th birthday.

He died today of cancer. :(

It's for the better though, he wasn't himself for awhile now, the cancer really took it's toll on him.

He was fourteen, he had grey fur and was very masculine, if he were a person I think he would have been a football player, he had broad shoulders and didn't like to be cuddled but loved being petted as long as it was on his terms, which usually meant he would wind in and out of your legs while you were sitting so you had to bend over to keep up and pet him, he didn't usually like being picked up. He was a little bit crazy and was known on occasion to run in circles or crash into walls or chase imaginary "bugs" for no apparent reason.

He had a small, light circle of black around his tail (which is why I named him Furball after the Tiny Toons characters with a band-aid 'round it's tail.) He was in a car accident one summer when I was at camp and he had to have his one eye removed and it was sewn up, because of this a few of my friends referred to him as "Pirate Cat". We called him Furs or Fursies. When I first got him mum thought I should have named him Starpie to go with Mooncake (our other cat).

<3 <3 I'll miss you Furs <3 <3


I don't think I ever mentioned my other cat, Mooncake, so I will do so now. Mooncake passed away two winters ago, around this time actually. I had her since I was five or six so she was about seventeen when she died. She was a fat cat! Weighed in at 22lbs at one point.

Her fur was black & white, the back and tail were black and her tummy and half her face were white. She was very prone to purring and loved to have her tummy and under her chin or just behind her ears scratched.

If she were a person she would have been the queen. She was very prim and proper and had to have things just so, she liked being cuddled and was a real lap cat.

She basically died of old age, she lost a lot of weight and was kind of in and out of it for a few months before her passing.

We called her Moonytunes & Moons. I named her after a dessert I saw on a television show for children that taught about other cultures I had seen when I was about four.

<3<3 I miss Mooncake too! <3 <3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your cats! I loved them too! Mooncake was quite a heavy cat when I was around but a good pillow. Furball was quite a character too but definatly did not like to be picked up. You remember marble? She is still hanging in there. she is almost 17 and has a diease where she eats but dosent gain weight. So she is a tiny tiny cat now almost scary. But she has survived a year of this. The vet gave us pills and they didnt work so well. So all we do now is feed her all the time. Seems to be working. I hope you feel better soon. I miss you!