3.20.2007

Wallnotes in changing

There is this To Do program called Wallnotes that I considered using awhile back when I was searching for a good To Do list program. I never did use it because I didn't like the format. It relied heavily on you using active desktop to make it your desktops background, and although this is a cool idea the windows took up too much room in my resolution to make it a feasible option. That and I like my desktop to be an image so anyone seeing my computer can't see what I'm up to in the To Do world.

I found out though that Wallnotes changed their format to be compatible with Windows Vista (which doesn't support Active Desktop) this new and improved Wallnotes is Internet based and seems to be a lot better laid out and thought out. I think I'll still use TaDalist.com because they allow you to create multiple lists but if you only need one list and a place for notes I'd suggest checking this new site out, it's called Nutshell.

The coolest part is also the ability to search within certain websites using their search bar on the webpage including Google Video, YouTube, Wikipedia, eBay, IMDb, etc.

http://www.gonutshell.com/

Info from the Nutshell site:

"Wallnote's time has come. When I heard Microsoft stopped supporting Active Desktop, I designed a better way to keep you organized. Say hi to Nutshell.

Will I have to move my stuff?
If you intend on keeping your current notes and tasks; yes. I recommend you use the "send notes/tasks" feature to backup your stuff by email, and start your über-productive future at Nutshell.

No more tasks on my desktop?
That's right. But setting Nutshell as your home page makes an excellent alternative. Whether it's your desktop or home page, it's just one click away.


Why again?
As of Windows Vista, Microsoft has dropped their Active Desktop technology in favor of Sidebar Channels. Since Wallnote was designed for a now deprecated technology, I decided to rebuild the service and optimize it for browser use instead. The result is Nutshell, a brand new product to keep you organized.


Anything new?
Besides incorporating some appreciated feature requests (like RSS), I've added a web search feature that will bring a big smile to your face. Go check it out; it's the best thing since Google.

Why should I move?
Improved reliability and user experience. Nutshell was developed in language I feel more comfortable with. This benefits you, because it motivates me to improve and expand the service better and faster. Application errors are so 2006. "

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Actually, Nutshell *does* support multiple lists. Just use the drop-down menu above your tasks. Cheers, Alex.

Amby said...

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll have to give it another go!