9.18.2007

Microsoft ate my e-mail account!

About 2 weeks ago Windows decided to eat my Hotmail account and in it's place spit out Windows Live Hotmail... I don't like Windows Live Hotmail, the format frustrates me and doesn't view well on my 800x600 resolution monitor. This happened once before, in beta, when I was young & curious and I clicked the button to switch me to Live, it went badly, I opted out and moved on. The problem with this new Windows Live Hotmail is that YOU CAN'T OPT OUT!!!

It's actually really, really frustrating... I scoured the net for help on opting out and found the usual Microsoft tips & tricks page telling me how to opt out of Beta with no mention of the new Live. I contacted Microsoft via e-mail 3 times and to each I got a refer to help doc such and such answer that led me to the above mentioned problem that it was for Beta. In the end, after a 4th and very thorough e-mail, I got a response stating that the new Windows Live Hotmail was in for good and there was no way to delete it and all I could do was wait patiently for Windows to work out the glitches... we shall see how long that takes!

I'm a bit disgruntled today as a result... RIP Classic Hotmail, you will be missed!

No comments: