10.26.2007

Facebook Closing?

Recently I wrote an e-mail to Facebook asking if they had any plans to close down. I wrote this in regards to recent internet ramblings to the affirmative about a lawsuit issued by a man who said he came up with the idea first and that the idea was stolen by his corroborator and made into Facebook without his permission.

I wrote:

"I have heard a rumour circulating the internet that
Facebook is being shut down this month as a result of a
pending lawsuit. I am wondering if there is any truth to the
matter as I cannot find any news articles online to support
it although I have found quite a few mentioning a lawsuit.
Please advise.

Thank-you"


After a week or so of waiting for a reply I received this:

"Hi AJ,

We appreciate your email. Facebook does not currently
have any plans to close the site, and any rumors you have
heard to the contrary are false. Unfortunately we will not
be able to comment on any of these issues further at this
time. Please let us know if you need any other assistance.

Thanks for contacting Facebook,

Peter
Customer Support Representative
Facebook"

Somehow I'm still not convinced...

No comments: