8.30.2006

Happy 13 to my Boo!

My baby sister Boo turned 13 today! It's quite traumatizing to me to think that my little baby is going to be a woman soon. She's finally out of her awkward tween years and into the even more awkward teen ones. Soon it will be high school & boys, fitting in, not standing out (too much), being popular, getting the grade, getting the guy. It's all so harried.

I look back on my high school days, they really were some of the best years of my life, not to sound too cliche of course. They were also full of a lot of crap. Part of me wishes that I could go back and do it again with the knowledge I have now. As I can't I'm going to pass on some of the life lessons I've learned in the hopes that it will help my Boo get through her teen years.

• You are only young once, enjoy it while you can
• It is only four years and then it will all be over and you'll probably never see these people again
• Everyone has bad hair, face, make-up, clothes days' the trick is laughing them off and moving on
• The only way you get what you want in this life is by going for, no holding back
• Just because you think the guy you like knows you like him doesn't mean he does, make it known if you want him that bad fight for him
• When high school is over and done you still have your whole life ahead of you, anything that happens isn't the end of the world
• The popular kids weren't always popular they had to earn it, if that's what you want you can earn it to
• Don't label people, just be yourself, if you require a lable choose your own, don't let others label you
• Grades are important but so is having fun, find a balance
• If you think you'll look back ten years from now and regret passing up an opportunity, don't pass it up
• If you think you'll regreat something ten years from not don't do it
• Cherish the friends you have for the time they are in your life, friend come and go, it's the way it is, don't cry because it's over when it happnes, smile because it happened
• Family will always be there, even when friends are not
• Good high school grades help you get into a good University and that helps you get a degree, once you have that degree they will never ask if you were a D or A student, always remember that
• He may be your first love, he may be your only love, but then again he may not be, never bet everything on a man
• Don't let anyone talk you into doing something you don't want to do, you have to live with the consequences, they don't
• Don't do something just because someone thinks you should, do it because you want to do it

No comments: