8.17.2006

Playing God

I don't remember if I posted the link to this article in a past blog, so I'll post it here. This is an article on God games & movies, it briefly discusses the movies Bruce Almight, Click, and the video games the Sims and Spore.

http://nymag.com/movies/features/17294/index.html?sssdmh=dm24.89144

I found it to be an accurate, albeit brief, representation of the role of man wanting to play God. I enjoy both movies mentioned and I am, as you know, an avid Sims player. I think that a little God play is harmless as long as that it all it is, play. As long as we remember we are lesser beings under God and not equals to Him, although made in His image. I believe a little God role-playing in a game or a movie isn't harmful, but the real harm is scientists and inventors who create & genetically alter and try to be "God".

No comments: