9.10.2006

HELP US SAVE THE INTREPID FOX!

Hey guys, this is a re-post from my friend Willow's blog, if you all could sign the petition at the end I'd appreciat it.


From: Willow (http://www.xanga.com/WillowSynRavyn)
Those of you who know me may be aware that I'm pretty serious into the alternative scene. The main focal point of the scene, for myself and many others, is the Intrepid Fox pub, located at 99 Wardour Street, Soho. Not only is this a thriving business, but it is also where my church is located.

My church, Asylum (www.asylumlondon.com) is a ministry geared toward those in the alternative scene...punks, goths, bikers, metallers, rockers, skinheads etc etc. It's a very important and unique ministry that certainly has merit.

Due to the excessive redevelopment of the west end, the block on which the Intrepid Fox is located has been bought and will be redeveloped into flats. This means that Asylum will have to find a new home. What is worse, the manager and his wife who have lived above the pub for 17 years have been told to vacate the premesis on three weeks notice. They have been given three weeks to start their life from scratch. The Fox is literally their home and their livelyhood, and it was not their decision for the pub to be sold.

This also means that the entire staff of the Fox have been left jobless.

On top of all this, there are very few venues like the Fox where people in the scene can go and feel comfortable. I for one get turned away from venues because I typically dress "too alternatively", so the Fox provides a safe and comfortable atmosphere for not only me, but for hundreds of other alternative people. Without the Fox we will be left to our own devices, which I'm sure nobody wants.

Below I have postedm, below, a link for a petition that is going around in an attempt to reverse this decision. I have also posted a link to a piece that was in the Evening Standard regarding the Fox. It says a lot of good things.

Above all, please pray for the manager and his wife, the staff of the Fox, the patrons and for Asylum.

Thanks Everyone!!Fox Petition!
http://www.fogofeternity.com/ savethefox.aspxEvening

Standard piece:
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/ restaurants/article-23365362-details/ Last+orders+at+Soho+rock+pub/article.do

No comments: