9.13.2006

SunRocket VoIP

A customer calls me at work the other day and is having infinite amount of trouble with her computers network, she is calling from her cell phone so we procede to powercycle all her equipment (turn it off and on again.) She says she has no router, I believe her, but her computer doesn't work.

The IP addy is a 192, so there is obviously a router, after much inquisition it is determined she has VoIP by SunRocket. Now I've never heard of this company but she says she has lots of problems with the router and I suggest she call SunRocket. She says she can't, she doesn't know the number.

I of course think that I perhaps can find the number for her, so I check our knowledge base, nothing. So I google it, it brings up webpages, all of which are dead links! Not surf controlled, or being maitenanced but dead.

I came home and checked the site again thinking it was some kind of surfcontrol at work, nothing, nothing on any of the sunrocket.com sites. nothing of any value when you googled "sunrocket+support" just nothing. So this woman was left to try to find the manual that came with her original router and I was left frustrated.

So the long and short of this tale is that if I were you I WOULD NOT go with SunRocket VoIP!

*note, I have since tried the website again and it is again functioning. the tech support # is 1-800-786-0132.

No comments: