6.12.2007

Vonage Rant

My Vonage phone has been acting up lately so I called Vonage tech support.

A girl answered this time (which like never happens) and took all my information to access my account. She asked what the trouble was (static on the line) and then put me on hold.

I waited a minute or so and she came back and asked me to run a speedtest, so I did. I told her the levels and she asked to put me back on hold again.

Two minutes later she comes back and tells me she wants to escalate me to their tier 2 advancecd support but she couldn't because the internal transfer was down, so could I please call back.

Because apparently Vonage tier 1 support includes running a speed test. Not powercycling, not checking levels, not finding out what kind of a configuration I have with my router.... none of that. Just speedtest & transfer *SIGH*

The only interesting part was that I found out on speedtest.com you can post your speedtest results. LOL:

No comments: