7.22.2007

Skor Bites

For the longest time I was convinced that a conspiracy was in progress, a big giant conspiracy to rid the world of Skor Bites! I of course, fearing for the worst, stocked up on Skor Bites & Skor bars... but as I had feared the supply of Skor bits dwindled from the shelves. It got to the point that I could no longer find the yummy bite sized treats anywhere! Not Wal-Mart, Zellers, Sobeys, Zehrs, Food Basics, other such groceries, Max stores, 7-11's, random tiny variety stores & even the theatre where they normally sold them over-priced in smaller bags, there were none to be found!



I lamented over my loss... until I figured out what had happened to the Skor Bites... they had been replaced by Skor miniatures.... basically squares of toffee covered in chocolate about 1/4 the size of an actual Skor bar!



Now I'm not thrilled by this because I can do math and figure out how many of these miniatures would equal a real Skor bar whereas with the bites it was very hard to tell and a lot less guilt-laden... but I am happy that there is a smaller version of my favourite snack available for munching during movies. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain, I too recently became aware of the lack of Skor bites and I am scared that my hankoring for them is not going to be fullfilled. Do the skor minis actually compare? Im afraid if I buy them, it just wont satisfy my longing to eat more skor bites!

Amby said...

They aren't as good :-( It's quite sad... I want my Skor Bites back!!