4.21.2006

Darn You Nokia!!!

Yesterday I embarked on what has since become a quest to "fix" my new phone. I recently got a Nokia 6620 from Rogers, it's a very sweet phone with cool capabilities, mp3 playable, camera/video phone, internal memory, symbian os, etc. etc. But it has one wee problem. Every time I get a new voicemail my phone sends me a text telling me I have new voicemail. Thus whenever I get voicemail at work when I check my phone on break I have 3 alerts on my phone, 1 that I missed a call, 1 that I have voicemail and 1 that I have a new text message which then tells me I have voicemail and gives me the option of calling my voicemail to get it! I mean talk about overkill!!!

I figured there would be an easy solution to this so I called Rogers yesterday. Rogers told me it was a problem on the phone itself and transferred me to Nokia, the call did not go through. It said "the number you have dialed is not available". So I went online and found the number for Nokia, called again and it said the same thing, so I looked up the number for business solutions, called them and they're closed for the night. Oh well, I go to bed.

Today I wake up and call Nokia while I'm making my lunch, pretty sure I got India, and they told me it was a network thing to send texts... Well that makes sense, so I called Rogers back. The girl at Rogers said it was a Nokia thing and there was no fix, but network solution may be able to help if I called back after they opened at 9am.

So I called back during my first break around noon, got a man who after explaining my problem (yet again) told me he would talk to network solutions and get back to me, put me on hold and came back a few minutes later and told me he'd talked to them and they would tell me there was nothing I could do. He then up-sold some damn thing I don't need... I don't even know what it was and wasted like my entire break!

Called back to Rogers this evening somehow got Customer Care who transferred me to Technical Support who said they were internet phone tech support and transferred me to e-mail tech support who told me there was nothing that could be done because they could block all text messages and I said that didn't help me any 'cuz I like texts. I then asked if they could just block that number that sends me the voicemail texts and he said no, quite rudely and said there was nothing I could do...

So I called Nokia back, they're closed for the day... I now have the Adobe version of my user manual opened and I am scouring for information, if I can't find anything I call back to Nokia tomorrow morning and thus the quest continues!

No comments: