4.29.2006

iLife

Is anyone else concerned by the speed at which Macintosh is trying to take over our lives? This becamse esepecially apparent as I surfed to their website the other day looking for iPod accessories and came across a promotion for iLife. iLife is a service provided by Mac that takes care of your e-mail addys, webpages, bookmarks, web storage and groups on the internet. Pretty well eliminating the need for other services beyond Mac. It promotes it as a family package to keep all the members of your family in one group and updated. (How sad is that when you need Mac products to keep connected with your family members?!?)

They've even gone so far as to make their slogaon on the website ".mac Your life on the Internet."...

I don't want Mac taking over my life, one way or the other, I mean I am a firm Windows user who dabbles into Linux every now and again and I don't really need Mac taking over my Life. I mean I know that Microsoft on many levels does the same, but not near as culty as Mac does. Mac promotes themselves like if you have Mac you're cool and a sense of belonging in the "group" it's so bad that people buy into that! Microsoft tells you you need updates but then lets you choose if you want them or not. I can't believe the way Mac is taking over and that no one eles is stopping this!

I mean I own an iPod Shuffle, but I got it for free and to use the darn thing they tried to convince me I needed iTunes, well I of course figured out a way to bypass that! No Mac friendly software for me!! In fact if Quicktime weren't absolutely necessary to view video clips on the internet by computer would happily be a Mac free zone!

http://www.apple.com/dotmac/
http://www.apple.com/dotmac/features.html

No comments: