4.08.2006

Schedule Adherence

A wee bit of a rant regarding schedule adherence:

Every day at work there is a program we can open that has our schedule for the day in it. I barely ever open mine and the guys I sit with are constantly bothering me about not following schedule adherence. They go on about how important it is for the entire center to function we all have to follow our schedules so the the call volume vs. Quality, etc, etc. Service level, blah, agents on the floor, agents on the phone, etc, etc. Adds up. Well I think it's a load of crap!

They are always complaining that the service level of the center is too high, so if they let us take our breaks whenever we wanted perhaps it would actually balance out! I don't need a break 1 1/2 hours into my shift, ever! I need one like three hours in so that's when I take one! I certainly don't need lunch three hours into my shift so I take it four or five hours in! They don't pay me for lunch so how can they say that I can only be gone for 30 minutes? It doesn't seem right! I always make sure my time card balances at 8 hours at the end of the day and beyond that why should they care? They pay me for 8 hours work and I work 8 hours!

I never agreed to following their schedule! I only agreed to getting there and leaving when I said I would which is 8:30-5:00. I never agreed that I would follow their schedule for my breaks & lunches only that I would take 2 15-minute breaks and 1 half hour lunch!

No comments: