6.09.2006

Comcast Part Four

People shouldn't be allowed to own routers unless they know that they own routers!! If I ask a subscriber "do you have a router? or any other networking device?" if they have one they should be able to say with confidence "Why yes I have a router." Now I don't care if they know how to use the thing or what it does, just acknowledging they have one!! There is nothing more furstrating than almost getting someone online, there modem with bloc sync, and they still get the "welcome to comcast" new users page.... 'cuz then you have to find their IP, find out if it's a 192.168 and then explain to them what the router or "network device" is and how to powercycle it!!

I don't even really care if they know that it is called a router, as long at they can tell me I have "internet phone", "a wireless thingy", "more than two computers on the network", "a firewall box", even terms like "security box", "network box", "2nd box with lights on it", or even "oh ther is another box by my comcast box." any of these phrases would be more helpful than "no, I don't have one of those", only to find they have a blooming router 10 minutes into the phone call at which point I have to start troubleshooting all over again!! GRRR!!

No comments: