11.06.2005

First Snow

Sometime during the night it snowed, the first real snow of the year. I recall a bit of a flurry the other day, a Thursday I suspect, as I arrived at work to inform my colleagues it was snowing. Really though I did this more for shock value (they are very concerned with the weather) as in fact the snow melted before it even hit the ground. I didn't go out today until gone 2pm and there was still small patches of snow on the ground. So I guess perhaps this means I need to admit that winter is here. Perhaps I need to forego my sandals and find more adequate footwear for the months ahead. Dig my toque and mittens from storage. Determine if I still do in fact own winter boots and try to decide what I should do with the armchair I have sitting on my deck... lol
On the upside the snow was gone by sundown... So perhaps we can avoid it, and it's implications for a bit longer...

No comments: