1.25.2007

Backing up the Sims 2

When it comes time to wipe the pc, or when you just want to make sure your families are safe heres's some info on backing up your sims 2 files:

Back-Up "The Sims 2" Files
Courtney Marchelletta,

Back-up your neighborhoods and downloads to be sure you don't lose them.
Whether you just want to make sure you have copies of your families or you got a new computer, keeping a copy of your game files is a smart idea. With a copy, you will be ready to get a new computer up and running with your families quickly or have a copy in case a hack or expansion pack installation ruins your files. You could move the files to a second hard drive, DVD, CD, or at the very least another folder in My Documents (like C:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 Backup\.
The Directories to Back-Up

C:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
C:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\
C:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Saved Sims\
C:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Projects\

http://compsimgames.about.com/od/thesims2strategyhelp/qt/backupfiles.htm

No comments: