1.17.2007

The Sims 2 package files

So I had an extreme blonde moment today. I re-installed the Sims 2 so I could play the new Sims 2 Pets I got for Christmas, this is after many months of non-play (due to having pc issues) and I had all these custom download files that I had gotten... things like sims, clothes, furniture, vehicles, etc. They were all in a folder on my hard drive called "sims downloads" and most of them were zipped, so I unzipped them only to find out they were ".package files". I had a panic attack... I had no idea what to do with .package files, so I began scouring the web to figure out this conundrum. Well lo & behold on a website for n00bs, I found an explanation.

"A package file which will show up in the game automatically once added to the Downloads folder"
http://www.personal-computer-tutor.com/sims2/install.htm

Yup a real d'oh moment for me... LOL


Oh and this is one of the best sites to d/l custom content for your sims:
http://www.modthesims2.com/

No comments: