8.22.2005

Numa Numa

So apparently for the last year or so there has been this "dance" circling the internet, fondly nicknamed the "numa numa dance." Now I myself had never encountered this phenomenon until today when, while at work, a co-worker mentioned it as his favourite song. Upon hearing this many others in the class agreed with him on the goodness of this song & dance. So I have, of course, come home and searched said song & dance on the internet only to find out the song is Drgostea Din Tei by O-Zone and the "Numa Numa" dance is a webcam video of a rather large white guy dancing and singing along with the lyrics to the above mentioned song. It is rather amusing though. So in case you are wondering what the craze is here's a link to the "numa numa dance":
http://www.blifaloo.com/info/numa_numa.php
and also for your amusement I'm going to post the translated lyrics here as well:

Drgostea Din Tei by O-Zone:

Chorus:
Miya-hee
Miya-hoo
Miya-ho
Miya-haha
[These are just sounds.] x4

Verse 1:
Hello [on a cellphone], greetings, it's me, an outlaw,
I ask you, my love, to accept happiness.
Hello, hello, it's me, Picasso,
I sent you a beep [cellphone signal], and I'm brave [or strong],
But you should know that I'm not asking for anything from you.

Verse 2:
You want to leave but you don't want
don't want to take me, don't want don't want to take me,
don't want don't want don't want to take me.
Your face and the love from the linden trees,
And I remember your eyes.

Verse 3:
I call you [over the phone], to tell you what I feel right now,
Hello, my love, it's me, your happiness.
Hello, hello, it's me again, Picasso,
I sent you a beep [cellphone signal] and I'm brave [or strong],
But you should know that I'm not asking for anything from you.

No comments: