8.25.2005

Whoop-Up Days

So here in Lethbridge we're right in the middle of "Whoop-Up Days" an annual summer festival celebrated throughout the city. It's the equivalent to the Ex in Toronto or Buffalo Days in Regina or the Stampede in Calgary. It's the one time of year where everyone in Lethbridge gets to be a cowboy! Not that I'm complaining of course, I think cowboys are sexy! LOL.
All the local merchants have sales on in honour of Whoop-Up Days, they gussy up the malls to look western and at the fairgrounds they hold a big fair with rides and games and vendors and of course a beer garden. It's all quite exciting as far as that goes.
I think in honour of Whoop-Up Days next year I'll go purchase a cowboy hat, hey if nothing else it'll give me a good excuse to pony up the dough. LOL and I've always wanted a cowboy hat! :P

No comments: