2.21.2006

Quarters

My dad is a coin collector, every year he gets the yearly prints of the coins delivered to him in their special little books directly from the mint. I've always thought dad's stamps to be very cool.

In my older years I've started a bit of a collection of my own, nothing fancy. My main priority is Canadian quarters. I want to get a hold of every Canadian quarter they've minted that were more special than the typical Caribou on one side, Queen on the other. To date there are 45 minted without a caribou/queen combo. I have all but 2 of them!

The first I don't have is the one that was in circulation prior to 1936 so that's gonna be a toughie to find. The 2nd is one minted in 1967 with a picture of a bobcat on it, I've never even seen one of these coins. I have the entire 1992 province set in a frame on a map that was given to me from dad so they are minted, but the rest, including the entire '99 set, '00 set, Veterans coins (2) and centennial coins (2) I have gotten through sorting change.

That was the goal actually, to get them all through change sorting. I think it's really neat to have minted coins but it's way harder to collect them all yourself! I'm quite proud of my quarters, and yes I realize how extremely dorky that is! :P

http://www.mint.ca/royalcanadianmintpublic/index.aspx?requestedPath=/en-CA/Home/default.htm

No comments: