9.26.2005

The Dairy Queen Sign

I live in an apartment in Lethbridge that overlooks a Dairy Queen. From my window I can clearly see the Dairy Queen sign, logo on and all staring at me. Day and night it stares at me, it seems to say "buy some ice cream, you know you want to." The sad part is I know I want to, and the longer I stare at the bloody sign the more I crave the ice cream, somedays a banana split, others a blizzard, sometimes just a junior dipped cone and still others a moolatte. Oh how the sign mocks me and taunts me until I, being the ice-cream obsessed individual that I am, get up and go to the Dairy Queen and make my purchase. Upon arriving home I look again out the window, cup in hand and the sign seems to smile at me as if to congratulate me on giving into it's spendthrift ways. I enjoy the ice cream, I won't lie to you, it always tastes delicious, always satisfying and for awhile after finishing it I can ignore the sign, but I know I will chance a glance out my window again at some later time and the cravings will begin again, the sign will begin it's mocking and I will be forced to succumb to the logo yet again.

No comments: