9.11.2005

Sushi

Sushi, well more specifically sashimi is just about the most perfect food in the world. It's so texturally wonderful. I love how when you put it in your mouth and push down it squishes. It's such a fun food to eat. In fact the whole sushi experience is fun. You get to use chopsticks, which is definitely cool as if you use them outside the context of sushi or Chinese food people look at you funny (believe me, I use them for everything, try eating salad with chopsticks and see how people look at you.) When you are eating sushi though it is only socially acceptable to use chopsticks so if you can't you are in the minority not like the rest of the time when forks are the norm. (I think forks are horribly overrated)
The other wonderful thing about the sushi experience is the pickled ginger, which next to dill pickles is my favourite pickled food, and wasabi, which is just about the best spicy food around. I love the way wasabi hurts in the nose, not the throat, when you eat a big glob of it.
The best part about sushi though is the variety and the general healthiness of the food.
All in all I think sushi is winning as my favourite eating experience.

No comments: