9.14.2005

Time Off: The Hard Way

Been awhile since I posted, I managed to get myself stuck in a hectic-busy-crazy life schedule for the past couple weeks, what with school starting, still doing training for work, working the table for Improv club, making posters & flyers for Improv and going out partying way too much. LOL, pretty fun though.
And on the upside in the midst of partying I gave a cute cowboy my number, LOL, not that's he's called, but the point is I gave it to him.
Unfortunately (or fortunately) as I choose to look at it I got a day off. I hurt my eye last week, still not sure how, and I finally gave in and went to the hospital yesterday morning after I couldn't see well enough to put on my glasses. I was there over 2 1/2 hours and they determined I probably needed steroid drops so they gave me some and made ma an appointment with an opthomologist, which I went to this morning. The opthomologist says I have an iritis (http://www.iritis.org) and that my iris (the blue part) is inflamed and sticking to my eyeball causing stress & discomfort. He gave me drops to dilate my pupils and then corticosteroid ones to take down the swelling. I've been on them for about 12 hours at this point and I still can't put on my glasses or see properly, in fact now it's kind of fuzzy as well as sore. Thanks goodness I have Zoomtext on my computer or I couldn't even be typing. So I really hope these drops start working by tomorrow as I am in transition week at work and the first week of classes at school and I really can't afford to miss another day of either.
Oh and the other fun part, I'm supposed to take the corticosteroid drops every hour which means I get little sleep tonight and on top of that the school's drug plan is in a "blackout" period so I had to put up the $50 for the drops out of my own pocket, but they will most likely reimburse me in October, so that's something.
While I was at home today I made a website for the Improv Club at the University, it's pretty neato, check it out:
http://people.uleth.ca/~amberjoy.boyd

No comments: