9.10.2005

Hamsters

I have two hamsters which I acquired less than a month ago from the pet store. They are both very cute. Their names are Mouse & Gerbil. They live in a cage that I bought over a year ago for a previous hamster I had who had an untimely end when Celeste (my ex's cat) scared him to death at Christmas. I decided as I am no longer with my ex and as I am not able to have a cat in my apartment that I would try again with hamsters. They are both dwarf hamsters and fit into the palm of my hand. They are beige with dark stripes running down their backs.
I didn't know the sex of my hamsters until today when Mouse (who is the larger of the two, and apparently a girl) had a baby! It was the tiniest, pinkest, ugliest little thing ever! I named it KusKus. My roommate read up on the web and evidently we are not to touch the baby or the "nest" (i.e. clean the cage) for two weeks, which is a shame as I was intending to clean it tomorrow as it has only been cleaned once since I got them.
So evidently Gerbil is a boy, and not just for obvious reasons, we looked it up on the net. LOL

No comments: