9.27.2005

iCoke Points

The Coca Cola corporation for awhile now has been offering iCoke points on many of it's products via codes you enter onto the website to redeem for prizes or entries into draws. It used to be that a bottle of coke would get you 250 iCoke points but recently all the codes in the bottles have been redeeming 500 iCoke points instead which is great as it takes only 1500 iCoke points to redeem for a free ringtone for my cellphone (which is a good deal as ringtones cost $2.10 from Rogers.) So I, ordinarily, am a Pepsi person but recently I had switched to Coke simply for the iCoke points, I mean the product itself costs the same as Pepsi and is comparable in taste and caffeine content, although Pepsi has a slightly less acidic after taste.
Anyways I purchased a diet coke with lime today and it did not have any iCoke points. I actually thought this odd so I went back to the cafeteria and inspected all their Coca Cola products and none of them had iCoke points anymore. This seems odd, Coca Cola has been running this promotion for about 2 years now, I don't know why they would suddenly stop! Also why they wouldn't put iCoke points on all their products is beyond me, I thought they wanted people to try the new flavours so they would sell and it would seem putting iCoke points on them would be a good way to do this.

No comments: