1.07.2006

Cemeteries

As I walked past the cemetery on scenic today it struck me as odd to see a car driving around in there. I had never realized before how big the place was or that they allow cars to drive around. I mean I realized there were roads (of sorts) but I assumed they were wide walking paths for mourners and visitors. I was also pondering how odd it is that there is a fence all around the cemetery. I asked my roommate, who was with me, if he supposed it was to keep people out or the dead in. He said he didn't know although he assumed it was to keep people out at night, vandals and stuff. As we continued along we came across a small gate in the fence, it had a door with a latch and but no lock. The gate could be opened from the outside and not the inside only so I guess that answers the question...
I found an alternate, slightly less alarming answer to the fence issue as well, as we continued along I noticed quite a few bunches of flowers along the fence that had blown off gravesites. So I can only assume the fence is actually in fact to keep the flowers in. LOL

No comments: