1.20.2006

The People on the Bus Part 4

Once upon a time, in the before-time, when I lived in the dungeon I was downtown and I met a woman who came running up to me asking where I had been. I looked at her a bit confused and said I didn't know where I'd been and why was she asking. She told me that the girls at work had missed me and that fellow who always calls for me had called again and wanted her to let me know he'd called if she saw me. I of course stared blankly at her for a few minutes... Micheal came to join me to take the bus and when he spoke she said she recognized him as the voice leaving me the messages. I introduced Micheal as my bf, not wanting to be rude... And we proceeded to get on the bus.

I really thought nothing of this occurrence until a few months later when I again ran into this woman, she told me of her son and family, asked me how Micheal was and we had a nice conversation, except she still thought I was this person she used to work with. I tried to convince her other wise but my efforts were in vain.

One day, whilst downtown with Rach, I saw her again and she asked if she could bum a smoke. I told her I was sorry and I didn't smoke.. She continued on asking me if I had one hiding and how I "always said that" and did in fact have smokes on me... I eventually became exasperated and told her I'd quit and no longer carried smokes. This of course peeked Rach's interest and she thought I had all these secrets of my "smoking days" I was not telling her her... I eventually convinced Rach of the situation and she lost all her ideals of my "other" lifestyle... LOL

I've seen this woman on the bus a few times since then, sometimes I'm with someone and sometimes I'm not... It's easier when I'm not because then I don't have to worry about people skewing my conversations with this woman as me having "other" lives. LOL I saw her on the bus today, today I was with Mark, so I course had to tell him this story all over again. She is a dear old woman, obviously a bit slow and of the "special" variety, but what would Lethbridge be without the People on the Bus? LOL

No comments: