1.25.2006

Risk

An Undergrads quote on Risk:
"Jessie: How do you play?
Gimpy: Risk is a game of global domination. Roll your dice and move your armies. Whoever gets the highest dice roll wins. The loser loses an army.
Rocko: [Faster] Whoever gets the second dice roll wins and the loser loses and army.
Nitz: Draw a matched set of three Risk cards for additional armies."

So I don't know about you guys but it is my experience that Risk cannot be played or won, honestly. That is by the rules set out in the rulebook. Not that cheating always is the end result... But whenever I play, the game eventually disintegrates into a card-swapping, country-trading, alliance-forming, peon stealing, card-showing all-out-fiasco. Never have I finished a game where the rules were adhered to and someone in fact "won" by any level of honesty.

We played again tonight.... As always by the end Micheal got a world-domination as my only opposition even though I had assimilated all the countries of my fallen players, that being Becca & Terry, as they had to do homework and get home early. So yeah... At least Micheal didn't cheat as bad as he normally does (LOL) and it was a fun game despite the fact I was ready to secede all my countries as soon as I saw my mission card!

No comments: