1.10.2006

Cup Holders for Bikes

I thought to myself that what should be invented is a cup holder for bikes. Now I know that a lot of bikes, especially of the mountain variety have water bottle holders, but what I want is a cup holder, so that hot liquids, like tea, can be carried while one is biking. I really like riding my bike but I like having a goal, somewhere I'm trying to get to... And my favourite goal is a cup of tea, especially of the Steeped kind from Tim Hortons. I'm an absolute addict.
What I want to create is a cup holder that either attaches to the crossbar of bikes or to the handlebars, similar to the kind that fit in window wells of cars that don't have enough cup holders, it would hook around the handlebar or crossbar and stay upright while you rode. You would of course have to be careful to fasten it to a place where your knees don't knock against or a place that isn't often put at an angle. For me neither of these things is a problem, as when I ride I am almost too short for my bike so my knees come nowhere near the handlebars or the top of the crossbar. LOL
The other idea I had was to put the cup holder in the basket of the bike, I don't have a basket on my bike but I would very much like to get one. I think it would be very practical to have a basket to hold my cell phone, my wallet and my cup holder ergo my tea. Of course the key here is that in order to get a basket I have to find one that isn't white wicker with pink plastic daisies as it seems I am the only adult who wants a basket for their bike.

No comments: