1.15.2006

Hamsters Part 5

Yesterday CC & GP had babies. I think it was CC who had the babies as she was looking rather plump when Mark cleaned her cage on Friday night. I haven't actually seen the babies as they are buried in the nest and are very tiny. I wasn't able to see KusKus until he was almost a week old. Mark came in yesterday to congratulate me on being a "grandma" before he headed to work, although I don't really remember this event... Thanks to the those darned pills.
Mark said that there were 4 of them, which is very exciting! Although it means I have to think up 4 more small animal names for them... I have a bit of time to think though, I don't name them until they are 2 weeks old. There is too great a chance of death before that and they pretty much look the same until they get fur on them.
The only slightly traumatizing thing about this is that CC & GP are brother and sister... EEEW!! So I guess hamsters don't have the same sense of right and wrong that people have, but it still kind of grosses me out.
This brings the hamster total to 9 (provided they all live) which means I have to sort them according to sex as Mark said I can't have more than 9 hamsters. LOL

No comments: