7.01.2005

Telemarketing or perhaps Capital One Part Four

I work part-time for a lawn care company, I call people up and ask them if they'd be interested in a free estimate, for every street worth of people I call, for sake of argument we'll call that number 30 people. So for every 30 people I call on average 5 already have service, 5 do their own lawns, or their husbands do, 3 are never home, 2-5 say yes and the others say they are not interested, or hang up, or generally are saying no. I don't understand this phenomenon, it's a free estimate, they don't have to do anything, a technician comes out measures their lawn, assesses their lawns issues and leaves them an estimate in their mailbox saying how much care would cost and what services would be good for them. Yet people still say no, there is no obligation and it seems to me that no one ever does a follow-up call on the estimate so I really don't understand what the big issue is! I don't understand why they have to get aggressive and say no when there is no risk to them is saying yes. It really is a sad world we live in that people are so threatened or worried about being scammed into something they don't want that they immediately become aggressive with telemarketers and decline services that really in the long run don't help or hinder them. It's quite sad really.

No comments: