7.15.2005

True Love Exemplified

This particular blog post is a tribute to my Mumby & her Hindy, who after about 30 years apart found each other. My Mumby has always been someone wonderful and special to me, but she never seemed genuinely happy. At least in comparison to how she is now that she has her Hindy. In no way to I mean to put down Muk or Daddy, in their time she was happy with each of them... Just not as she is now. I say this only because I feel both Muk & Daddy would agree with me.
Mumby & Hindy are meant to be together, they are soulmates separated and re-united after a lifetime apart from each other. Each grew up in their own way, making their own life choices, having their own friends, their own events, their own things that were important to them. Neither with any idea their paths would cross again. Although on some cosmic level in retrospect perhaps it was always secretly known, in that deep down heart of hearts we rarely admit to others, or ourselves that we posses. Perhaps there they both had an inkling. Growing up I knew who Hindy was, I'd never met him, but I knew of him, a friend mum had when she was 14, a boy she dated over a summer at the beach, a boy whom she named a stuffed bunny after, a bunny she still had when I was old enough to remember it. Then there was Hindy, a man who after a lifetime without Mumby signed up to Classmates just to see if by chance she would sign on, so he could catch up with her, someone he'd wondered after all these years apart.
They met on Classmates on the internet, and chatted on msn, each with their own lives and families, a million miles apart from one another, neither happy in their own existence, but finding something in their existence together worth giving up everything else for. That's what they did. They gave up their own families to come together and forage a new family together after 30 years apart, they are now married, perhaps as destiny would always have had them be. They are truly happy together and will be for the rest of their lives together... soulmates united.

Now the part of the blog where I express my gratitude to them for finding one another. If they had not found one another and come together against all odds, giving up everything for the chance to make it together I never would have known true love. I never would have known that fairy tales come true. That love can happen like in the movies. That people do have soulmates. That sometimes the wait is worth it. All lessons I've learned because of their love, and because of their love I can try and find my own love. I know now that I don't have to settle for whatever is at hand, whoever will take me at the time, that God destines people to be together, people who are perfect for one another. Also that if I screw up along the way that with true love there is always a second chance, even if it comes 30 years later...

No comments: