7.09.2005

Wedding Wipeout

Today was my Mumby & Hindu's wedding. It was a beautiful beach wedding, everyone had a great time and everything was so beautiful. There were very few dry eyes in the place, including those of the bride and groom!
As beautiful as the day was I started it out rather on the wrong foot, with a wipe-out I'm quite proud of so I thought I'd share. I'd like to think it's through my bad luck the day went so swimmingly, perhaps I was able to take the bad luck of the bride & groom and put in on myself so they could have a wonderful day. LOL
Our cabin in Wasaga is right on the beach front, when you open the cabin door you are literally on the beach. I, of course, had to take advantage of this, I came running out of the cabin first thing in bathing garb to enjoy the water and as I was running to the shoreline I tripped on a half-buried cement retaining wall and hit my left foot and shin and pinky toe, literally ripping off a layer of skin from my toe. I then with my right shin and big toe hit the wooden retaining wall about a foot from the cement one. I banged my shin really hard and managed to sprain my big toe. I then face-dived Superman style right into the sand pile on the downside of the walls. I of course got up and kept runnig to the water only to find that after I came out of the water exactly how banged up I was, needing to use my little sis as a crutch as we walked down the aisle. LOL
That in itself of course was not the end of my bad luck. As I was helping decorate limping all the way I managed to sunburn both my shoulders rather badly so by photo time I was a nice shade of lobster. I also managed to burn my hand on the glue gun building my mum's hairpiece, pierced my thumb with the pin from my hair flower, burned my scalp with the iron while ironing my hair and spilled balsalmic vinaigrette dressing on my shirt and tomato on my white shorts during the dinner. I was also unable to dance due to my injured foot. LOL
All in all a great day though despite my accident-prone-ness, and to think it wasn't even the 13th of the month. :P

No comments: