7.22.2005

Westjet In-Flight TV's

I traveled Westjet today from Hamilton to Calgary. I was rather impressed by the new in-flight TV’s Westjet is offering. They are personal TV’s mounted on the back of the seat of the person directly in front of you. They are run by satellite and can receive 24 channels. There are also additional channels to receive movies and a spot to insert a credit card to pay for the movie you wish to watch, although this option was not mentioned nor available on the flight which I took. Each TV is on a semi-adjustable mount so that it can be moved to get the least amount of glare from the windows. Each TV is controlled by a “remote” mounted in the armrest, it had channel up & down, volume up & down and contrast up & down buttons. It was all in all a quite enjoyable and neat feature of the plane, although my TV was a bit frizzy in that it kept going on and off depending how the person ahead of me moved their seat. I probably should have mentioned this fact to the steward but I plum forgot.
I spent the 4 hours of my flight happily watching TV. Although the first show I watched, the Daily Show on ABC was rather disappointing. As yesterday had been eviction nigh ton Big Brother 6 the person evicted was supposed to be on the Daily Show this mooring with “insider information” on the house and its occupants, and although the evictee was on the show I would hardly call his offerings “insider”. The worst was due to the format of the show I had to watch almost the entire thing to find out this information. The rest of the time I spent watching TLC which was far more amusing and educational.

No comments: