10.14.2005

Convocation Tomorrow

Tomorrow I graduate, I get my bachelor's degree! That which I have sought after for five longs years. In some ways it's crazy to think that so little time has actually passed and in other ways it seems like a lifetime! It's hard to believe I've been in Alberta more than five years now. In that time I've attended two schools and lived in 3 dorm rooms, 2 apartments, 1 basement and 1 house. (not included mum's over the summer.) I have had 3 boyfriends, 1 fling, and had my heartbroken numerous other times. I've had dozens of friends. a few best friends. Made a few enemies, been to a few weddings, seen a few babies born and lost a few friends (I regret this one the most.) I have been to Banff, Fernie, Sunshine Village, Drumheller, Montana, Idaho, Waterton, Temple Garden Mineral Spa and West Edmonton mall. I have lived in two cities, owned 0 vehicles, ridden countless buses, Greyhound & city and have even taken the train all the way from Ontario. I have been on at least a dozen airplanes, cried at airports & bus depots twice as many times as that. Helped friends move and been moved by friends. I've owned 10 fish, 1 cat, 6 hamsters and for a weekend a dog. I've stayed up countless sleepless nights helping friends and being helped, working on papers and goofing off, talking on the phone, talking on msn, finding myself and finding God.
As I finish five years I wonder how I'm different than I was five years ago and I wonder who I'll be five years from now? I wonder if I've been the person I should be? I wonder if I'll find a better person to be? I wonder if I'm being the best me I can be? I wonder if I've touched the lives of others as I've passed through them? I wonder how they all have touched me? I wonder if convocating means that I need to grow up? I wonder if it means that the student portion of my life is over? or if it means that a lifetime of learning is just beginning? I wonder what I should be doing to prepare myself for tomorrow and I wonder if I'll feel any different once it's over? I wonder what the future holds? I wonder how long it will be before I know and I pray I don't while away my time in the not-knowing and instead spend it doing something honouring to God and His plan for me. I wonder what it will feel like to have a Bachelor's degree and I wonder if I'll ever get to know what it feels like to have a Master's or a PhD? I just plain wonder...?

No comments: