10.26.2005

Theory & Aesthetics Part 3

Last night I returned yet again to "the Den of the Dorks' for another 2 hour lecture and hour of game play. You know the thing is the longer I go the more I enjoy the company of these people. They don't distress me near as much as they used to. I find their social inadequacies charming and their social faux pas humourous. I enjoy their childish sense of humour and the fun they have with life.
This week we played action games and I spent over an hour sitting in a group of students playing "Fable" a game where you can choose to be good or evil and your character grows up based on the choices you make. It's quite a neat theory for a game... but as we played we laughed and joked and teased one another. I actually may have flirted with some of them. We joshed about kicking chickens and hitting people with swords and giving our characters (one was playing while we all called out ideas) a goatee and shaving him bald, giving him tattoos and making him evil. At one point we even had him go around in his boxers just to see what the townsfolks would do. It was quite an enjoyable evening.
I still don't like half the games they play, or agree with half the things they discuss or care about a lot of what is discussed but I definitely look forward to class every week. If for no other reason than to hear what will be said next....

No comments: