10.01.2005

Pink

Today I got a haircut and I dyed my hair pink! I bright pink entitled "flamingo." Well in all fairness I ddin't dye all my hair pink, just streaks at the front and tips at the back (there is not enough in the back to streak anymore LOL!) I never really considered myself a pink kind of girl, far from it. I always denoted pink with girly girls, princesses who are pampered and prissy. I am certainly not a girly girl! I have noticed though over the past few years (or perhaps it is my world view that has changed over the years) that pink is no longer necessarily denotive of girly girls, of course a light baby pink still holds that image but a bright, vibrant, hot pink is something else entirely. It seems to be accepted of a punk lifestyle, Tough girls with bright pink hair. I'm not saying I am a tough girl either, but it certainly is fun to pay one sometimes. I like the colour, I find it fun. I think perhaps when it grows out a bit I may add in turquoise to the un-pink parts, that would be really fun. I may look like an anime character then. LOL

No comments: