10.20.2005

FTP

In an act of sheer ambition I decided to try and set up FTP access to my computer so I could access my files, and more importantly, my music from the school when I have my laptop there and need stuff from home. You'd think this would be a simple undertaking... But no. I've spend over 4 hours now fighting with the thing trying to gain access. I managed to set it up on my home computer both through Windows and through and actual FTP download, neither of which work! I can access the Windows one from my home computer but nowhere else and the other I can't even access from my home computer. I think it's because I'm behind a router and I haven't provisioned the router properly, but how I provision it is apparently beyond me. I've also considered unhooking to the router just to see if I've set it up right, but then I wouldn't have wireless access on my laptop so I would have no means of checking if I did it right... Save for running Ethernet cables all over the apartment (which at gone midnight is a bit too ambitious for me.) I've been to scads of help sites, to no avail and right now I'm ready to throw the whole idea out the window! Unfortunately I'm too determined for that... Perhaps tomorrow someone will be online who can help me... As of yet the few people I know who have any FTP knowledge have been MIA when I am at my computer and in need of assistance. LOL (perhaps that is my own fault for being up at 1am trying to set up FTP.)
Oh well... the battle continues...

No comments: