10.10.2005

Theory & Aesthetics Part 2

As I sit down to finish writing my paper for "Theory & Aesthetics of Video Games" I go to my prof's website to get the information for citation and I realize that perhaps my professor is a geek.
I mean I, of course, suspected as much. A man in his 30's who has long hippie hair in a ponytail, wears vests, jeans, sneakers and teaches a class in video games... I was however giving him the benefit of the doubt, until today when I visited his website for the first time.
Among other materials on his site is a link to his "project" which is a collection of lip prints of women along with their names and the name of the lipstick colour they were wearing. There is a webcam link to an office cam so you can watch him on his computer. There is also a collection of political cartoons, which I suppose is pretty funny. But the kicker is there is a link to his ratings for IMDB he's rated over 300 films and the ones that received 10 ratings are mostly those that would be shown at film festivals.
So I think to myself, is he a geek, or merely eccentric? For now I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that latter, although....
Oh and here's the URL to the website, because I know you are all dying to see it for yourselves.
http://people.uleth.ca/~cleada/

No comments: