10.29.2005

Reflections

Today as I read over yesterday's blog, I notice the line "year's end' and begin to think about all I've done this year, all I'm not proud of all that has happened, all my failures, shortcomings and moments of neurotic behaviour. I mean I can do the positive spin as well and think of accomplishments, friends, etc. But for right now I'd like to dwell on the negative, the apartment is cold, there is frost outside, I don't want to turn on the heat just yet, that would be admitting winter is coming, as would bringing out mitten and toques, work is looming in the near future as a place I have to go to (not that I don't love work.... but sometimes it's hard to get there when I feel like this) So I sit and think and type and shiver, wondering somewhere in the back of my mind if I'm getting a cold and think about the past year.

No comments: