12.03.2005

Improv Face-off

So tonight we had our first ever Improv Face-off. It was put on by the Improv club at the University, which as I have mentioned I am the Publicity girl for. It was a huge success!!! YAY! We had 43 people show up which is more than Twoonie Theatre (the other drama club's big semester event) had. I was so stoked!! I was so worried that not a lot of peeps would show and they would blame me for bad publicity for the event, but it was awesome. The Meliorist (the school's newspaper) even put in a blurb about us as a the number one suggestion in the "6 1/2 things to do this week". Which was awesome as we didn't think they'd even mention us.
So thanks to all my buds who showed up, thanks to Nicole for taking pics (now I have something to put on the website for the new year.) Thanks to Charity for running our sound and thanks to everyone who acted in the show! You guys all rocked the Kasbah, seriously it was awesome! The audience laughed during all the scenes and everyone was really on the ball with their one-liners and comedic sketches, good job guys!
For those of you who couldn't make it, shame on you! LOL You missed an awesome show. We had a bunch of team challenges and we played a whole bunch of games, here's a list of some of them: Party Quirks, Ding, Stunt Doubles, Space Jump, Slow Mo Commentary, Movie in a Minute, Sit/Stand/Lie, Pockets, Walkout & Superheroes. (There may be more I'm forgetting) But it was a super show! Our next one is Feb 3 or 4 so mark it on your calendar now so you can all be there!!

No comments: