12.07.2005

Singing in the Atrium

So today the IVCF was singing Christmas carols in the atrium at the University. I'd had the newsletter read to me earlier in the week and I knew that this was happening on Wednesday but I had no real intention of going until I found myself sitting on 5th shooting the breeze with some drama people and the sounds of "Oh Little Town of Bethlehem" came wafting to me down the stairs. I found them irresistible so I wandered upstairs to partake of the carols. It was quite an interesting experience as the sound in the atrium carries remarkably well and to be standing there singing in it knowing everyone can hear you for floors above... It's quite intimidating, but here were all these people doing it anyways.
I guess in a way the Christmas spirit came over me today as I stood there and sang with them, similar to the grinch, and my heart grew three sizes today. LOL I did however decide to repent of my past actions with the IV and make amends so I made a point of talking and being civil and even nice to some of those who shunned me last semester. (can't remember if I posted on this, may have to make that a topic once I've back-read) So perhaps Christmas is a time for friends and caring and loving and even forgiveness... I think I may even participate in some IV events next semester... Imagine that! :P

No comments: