12.28.2005

The People on the Bus Part 2

As Mark and I came home from shopping today we saw the woman on the bus, whose name I think is Joy. She's often on the bus, and by often I mean as often as I go away from downtown she's on the bus. She has a pretty good rapport with the bus driver and spends the bus ride talking with her. (It's usually the same woman.) She often talks about her boyfriend and asks the bus driver about her boyfriend. This seems to be her favourite topic of conversation, now this woman is a bit slow, she has some kind of a mental malady and I often thought this "boyfriend" of hers was made up, not because I didn't think she could get one, simply because people in her mental state often make up friends and relationships that don't exist.
Well lo and behold her boyfriend was on the bus with her today. Nice looking fellow seems to adore her as much as she adores him, he seems to also have some mental malady and he walks with a cane, but he seems like the nicest guy. I've never been so pleased to be proved wrong by someone. I wish them a world of happiness.

No comments: